Website Privacy Notice
We have prepared this Privacy Notice to explain how, why, and when we collect data from you on our website at www.peoplesafe.co.nz
Please note that this Privacy Notice only applies to data that we collect when you visit the PeopleSafe website at www.peoplesafe.co.nz. It does not apply to anything within our software at my.peoplesafe.co.nz or help.peoplesafe.co.nz.
1. About PeopleSafe and our Website
PeopleSafe is an online Health and Safety software service that is designed to help manage your Health and Safety needs. Our website’s main use is as a sales tool, providing information about the software and what you get when you sign up to use the PeopleSafe software. It is also used as a blog where we can write articles about safety matters and topics relating to PeopleSafe and small business.
When you visit our website we may collect data (Listed below) with the aim of improving how our website works and with the creation of more content users interact with. We may also use that data and place cookies on users’ browsers to later serve you with targeted ads relating to PeopleSafe.
2. What data we collect and how we use it
We may collect and use the information for the reasons below.
- Website activity: Data around what pages and content you have visited on our website.
- Device and browser information: Technical information about the device and/or browser you use to access our website. E.g. Your IP address, what browser (chrome, firefox, safari, etc.) Your device type and the devices' unique identifier.
- Information you provide to us: We may collect contact information, such as you name and email address, you choose to provide us in a form on our website, such as the 'contact us’ form or 'Keep up to date’ forms.
- Third party information: If we have the rights to do so, we may collect additional information about you from third party sources.
We may use the data we collect to:
- Provide PeopleSafe services and customer support.
- Create a better user experience on our website.
- Create more relevant information.
- Deliver targeted marketing to you.
- Contact you by email about PeopleSafe services, including to market our services to you.
3. Data Sharing
We share your Personal Information in personally identifiable form with third parties as described below.
- With our service providers. Companies and services that we use and contract to help with parts of our business such as email campaigns and web marketing device providers. We may only share what data is needed for those business relationships and/or transactions to exist.
4. Cookies and related technologies
5. Your choices and opting-out
You can always opt out, or choose not to disclose information to us.
- Email collection: You have full control over if you give us your email details or not. If you have given us you email details, you can press the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any PeopleSafe email and your email details will be deleted from our contacts list. Please note that this applies to PeopleSafe marketing emails only, it does not apply to emails from our software or help desk.
- Targeted ads from PeopleSafe: You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon in the corner of the ads we serve. Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device. If you opt-out we may collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
Target Ads: You can also opt-out from receiving targeted ads from other Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may use the NAI opt-out tool here. And/or at the DAA website here.
Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
If you opt-out we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
- Other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out.
- Do not Track: You may also activate a "Do Not Track" feature in your browser or device. This will not allow us or others to collect data from you.
6. Data retention
Data we may collect from you is held no longer than necessary for our business purposes or to meet legal requirements.
You're information is protected by secure passwords and located on multiple secure servers to protect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure and/or access.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your Personal Information we hold, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorised entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of information at any time.
8. International transfers
We may transfer the information we collect about you to countries other than the country where we originally collected it for the purposes of storage and processing of data and operating our services. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as your country. However, when we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice.
9. Changes to this Privacy Notice
Changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this page. If we make a material change to our privacy practices, we will provide notice on the site or by other means as appropriate.
10. Contact us about questions or concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice for our website or our privacy practices, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org